Event Preview - Mixed Doubles - Soft Tennis
PALEMBANG - On Wednesday 29 August, the mixed doubles event in soft tennis will start at the 2018 Asian Games.
- Republic of Korea has won all four mixed doubles soft tennis tournaments that have been held at the Asian Games.
- No athlete has won multiple gold medals in this event at the Games.
- Republic of Korea has also won a record total medals in this event, eight. All other NOCs have won six medals in total.
- Chinese Taipei is the only other NOC to have won multiple medals in this event is, G0-S2-B1.
- KIM Kyung-Ryun (KOR, G1-S1-B0), YOU Young-Dong (KOR, G1-S1-B0) and KIM Ae-Kyung (G1-S0-B1) are the only athletes to have won multiple medals in this event.
- China (silver in 2014), Indonesia (bronze in 2014) and Japan (bronze in 2006) are the other NOCs to have won a medal in the mixed doubles event at the Asian Games.
- Republic of Korea finished first and second in this event at the most recent soft tennis world championships in 2015. Indonesia took both bronze medals in that event.
- Hayato FUNEMIZU (JPN) and Seika SASAKI (JPN) won the mixed doubles event at the Asian soft tennis championships in 2016, after a win in the final against KIM Beomjun (KOR) and KIMjiyeon (KOR).
Statistics provided by Gracenote Sports