Event preview - Women's Ne-Waza -62kg - Ju-Jitsu
JAKARTA - On Saturday 25 August, the women's Ne-Waza -62kg event in ju-jitsu will start at the 2018 Asian Games.
- Ju-jitsu will be held at the Asian Games for the first time.
- Galina DUVANOVA (KAZ) won this event at the Asian championships in July 2018.
- Violetta KROVYAKOVA (TKM) claimed silver in this event at those Asian championships.
- Annie RAMIREZ (PHI) and LEE Hee Jin (KOR) claimed a bronze medal at the Asian championships in 2018.
- Orapa SENATHAM (THA) won a bronze medal at the world championships in 2017.
- SENATHAM won the women's Ne-Waza -62kg event at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in Ashgabat in 2017, after winning the final versus Buyandelger BATTSOGT (MGL).
- Prior to the 2018 Asian Games, Thailand has won two gold medals in women's events in combat sports at the Asian Games, both in taekwondo.
- Bashayer ALMATROOSHI (UAE) and Ruba ALSAYEGH (JOR) claimed bronze in this event at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in Ashgabat.
- Coming into the Asian Games in Jakarta-Palembang, United Arab Emirates has won two medals in women's events, gold in athletics in 2014 and silver in karate in 2006.
- Jordan has won five medals in women's events at the Asian Games coming into Jakarta 2018, all in combat sports - four in taekwondo (three silver, one bronze) and its only gold medal in a women's event in karate in 2010.
Statistics provided by Gracenote Sports